If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 originally activated from Microsoft, then you are eligible to install windows 10.
I have heard from many people that they are having some problems in upgrading to Windows 10. Some of the issue are:
- If I get the Notification that I can upgrade to Windows 10, and starts the download through Windows update, it takes a lot of time to download, even if you have a good and stable internet connection.
- Also, if it downloads, you start installing it, then it takes a lot of time as it also download Windows 10 updates and drivers before starting installation.
- Sometimes, the download stuck in between and do not download further.
- Sometimes, the Setup stuck in between after downloading.
So, I found an Alternative to this problem. Just follow the steps that I am writing below.
- Go to Windows 10 Media Creation Tool website.
- Download 32 Bit OR 64 Bit Version depending on your system’s configuration. You can also check this in the properties of your My Computer icon.
- When you download Media Creation tool, Just run it in Administrator mode by Right Clicking on it and Select Option “I want to create disk for another computer option”. Click Next.
- It will ask you for the Version of Windows to download and its architecture also. So, please be serious this time. Only download the same version of Windows and Architecture that you have right now in your system.
- Let it download. Its almost 3.1 GB in size.
- After downloading, you will see a file in your documents/downloads folder named ‘Windows‘. Extract the file using 7-Zip and copy all the contents to your USB Drive like a Pendrive or FDD.
- Do not boot the drive and install windows from boot as it will not activate windows after installation.
- Now, your internet connection must be Active.
- Start the setup file in administrator mode from USB Drive.
- It will now ask you to download updates, select “Not now“.
- It will take some time after this as it check for Windows Genuine Version. If your previous Version of Windows is Genuine, then it will not ask for a product key. This time, Microsoft Servers creation an Activation Hash key on their servers for your machine. They will use the same Hash key to activate your Windows 10.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- It will now ask you that what you want to keep. Select “Nothing“, if you need a clean install. I personally recommend clean install.
- Just follow the onscreen steps and done.
Now enjoy fully Activated Version of Windows 10 without any problem.
Hope you like this alternative of Installing Windows 10.