The blog deals with all the possible Microsoft Office 365 backup solutions. The backup solutions can save the Office 365 mailbox data in the Outlook PST file format. This is the preventive measures to safeguard the data for the future purpose. In case, any mishappening occurs, the data is still accessible. It is recommended to the users to obtain the backup of the Office 365 data at a regular period of time.
Additionally, Office 365 stores its data in the cloud storage. This makes it very easy for the user to avail the data from anywhere at anytime. But, no software is devoid of the drawbacks completely. The problem with this technology is that it does not provide any timely backup of the mailboxes in the local system. The data can be accessed only in the cloud. This can result in a crucial problem when the data gets damaged or hacked. Thus, the need to keep the backup of data arises.
Methodology to Backup Office 365 Data
There are different types of approaches to export mailbox from Office 365 to PST file. These are:
Solution 1: Office 365 Export Tool – Paid (100% Accuracy)
This is the most effective Microsoft Office 365 mailbox backup solution. This can be done by admin as well as individual users. This is a standalone program which does not require the presence of any other supporting application. All a user needs to do is download and install the Office 365 export utility from its official website (http://www.office365export.com/) . Discussed below are the steps that a user needs to follow to archive Office 365 mailboxes as PST for both, admin and non-admin accounts.
For Admin Account
- Double-click on the Office 365 export program icon and select the option of login.
- Select the checkbox named as Is Admin.
- Type the credentials of the required Admin account.
- All the user IDs present under that admin account will be displayed on the screen. Select the IDs which you wish to backup. Click Next to continue the export process.
- Select any of the file formats from the heading Select Email Format. In this example, the alternative of PST is chosen from the list to download Office 365 mailboxes as PST.
- If you have selected the option of PST, then there is a feature to split the resultant PST file. This will prevent the file size corruption.
- From the different categories available, a user has to select the different components like emails, contacts, calendars or tasks.
- The filters like date filter can be applied while backing up the items.
- Click on the option of browse to define the location where the obtained PST files are to be stored after the entire export process is finished.
- Choose the selected folders on the local system and select the OK option to carry on the procedure to save Office 365 mailboxes as PST.
- Finally, click on the Export button to start the backup procedure.
- The status of the live export process will be shown up on the screen. Also, it can be stopped in between with the help of Pause option available.
- Once the export procedure is finished, the status will change from in progress to completed.
- The status report of the process can be saved by clicking on the option of Save Report and define its destination location.
- At the last, the data from Office 365 admin account will be saved in the local system.
For Individual Account
To backup Office 365 mailboxes as PST for any normal user account, a user has to go through the following steps:
- Launch the Office 365 export tool and select the option of login.
- Enter the credentials of individual user account and click on the option of sign in.
- The folders and sub-folders will be displayed the screen. Press on Next to export Office 365 mailboxes to PST.
- Now, the further process will be same as the admin account from (5) to (10).
Solution 2: With the Help of eDiscovery Tool – Free
ediscovery Office 365 is the administrative feature which is quite helpful in backing up the Office 365 data. It is capable of performing searches related to the discovery of different mailboxes. This service of Office 365 is quite helpful in saving Office 365 mailboxes to PST. A user needs to go through the following steps to backup the Office 365 data to PST:
- Enable the permissions regarding security and compliance for eDiscovery
- Create a case for the eDiscovery feature under search and investigation section
- Add new users in the case of recently created eDiscovery tool
- Add the already existing on legal hold to retain case relevant content
- Now, at this time it is required to generate and run single or multiple content searches with the case.
Solution 3: With the Help of PowerShell Command – Free
This includes a set of PowerShell commands to backup Office 365 mailboxes as PST. A user has to follow the below-mentioned steps to carry out the export process:
- Connect the local machine with the Microsoft Exchange Server
- Grant the necessary permissions to access export right
- Configure the Exchange online account in MS Outlook
- Authenticate the configuration settings of Microsoft Outlook
- From the currently opened email client, export the PST file
- Make sure that the export process is finished
- Remove the permissions granted in Step 2
- Disable all the connections made in Step 1
For more info: http://technewskb.com/backup-office-365-mailbox-pst/
Time to Wrap Up
Office 365 is an email client which offers some amazing facilities like storing the data in the cloud. No doubt, there are many advantages of the cloud storage. But, it can leads to a serious problem when the data is corrupted and becomes inaccessible. Hence, it is advised to keep the backup of Office 365 data. There are different manual and automated methods available for it. But, the most effective Office 365 backup solutions is Office 365 export tool.
You can connect me @Twitter.